Here's an update on Daniel's progress from my brother Lynn:
I spent several hours with Daniel yesterday. He was in bed, dressed, when I arrived. After a little chat I got him up and in his wheel chair. He did that himself quite well. Wheeled him around a little, then out back in the shade. Shortly they came to say lunch was ready, so we went in. I joined him for lunch. He proceeded to introduce me to his table-mates, with a few intelligible words, including "brother". He is able to handle the eating fine himself, except for cutting up things like meat. He ate it all.
Following lunch a physical therapist took him for a walk, in which he did quite well. He has a little trouble with balance. They are working on hist turns to right and (mostly) left.
Then in his room we began a game of chess. He had difficulty setting up the pieces, but once the game began he made mostly correct moves. It was a slow process, and occasionally I had to correct an incorrect move. This went on for two hours! He concentrated on the game the whole time. It was even difficult for the physical therapist to get him to do some arm exercises part way through. We were not able to quite finish the game, since Mark and Marci arrived. They will be here all week, as a couple of their kids are in EFY at the "Y".
Daniel was winning !
love
-- Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment