Dear Family, We are down to our last day here at the MTC. We have learned a lot, met some wonderful people and had some great experiences. By no means the least of these was the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to greet a grandson in the MTC when Spencer arrived yesterday. He's the best looking missionary here and a credit to his family.
Call me sappy, but when we sat in that great gymnasium converted into an auditorium and heard 2500 eager and excited voices sing "Hail to the Prophet," I felt the goose bumps rise and I was sure I would see "Jospefu Sumisu" himself step to the pulpit to address us. We have had inspiring moments with training on "Preach My Gospel" and some clunky adventures in simulated mission office procedures, and I'm not at all sure we are well prepared for this adventure. Your mother is a bit overwhelmed and I'm feeling somewhat daunted by the language and the scope of the work ahead for a couple of geriatric missionaries, but 24 hours from now we will be irretrievably suspended in air over the north Pacific and this adventure will have shifted into its next phase. Please keep us in your prayers as we promise to keep you in ours.
Call me sappy, but when we sat in that great gymnasium converted into an auditorium and heard 2500 eager and excited voices sing "Hail to the Prophet," I felt the goose bumps rise and I was sure I would see "Jospefu Sumisu" himself step to the pulpit to address us. We have had inspiring moments with training on "Preach My Gospel" and some clunky adventures in simulated mission office procedures, and I'm not at all sure we are well prepared for this adventure. Your mother is a bit overwhelmed and I'm feeling somewhat daunted by the language and the scope of the work ahead for a couple of geriatric missionaries, but 24 hours from now we will be irretrievably suspended in air over the north Pacific and this adventure will have shifted into its next phase. Please keep us in your prayers as we promise to keep you in ours.
Love, Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment